Thursday, October 26, 2006

She got a boo boo

My 2 year old was running ahead of me today as we were leaving bible study and going to the van to leave. I tried to tell her to not run ahead of me, not run on the concrete and she was going the wrong way. She was just having fun and not even really being disobediant but I saw the danger. I tried to tell her to stop but she was not listening. She fell and scraped her knee bad.

As her mother, my heart hurt and my stomach turned when I saw how bad her little scrape was. I know it was not like she broke a bone or was diagnoised with some horrible diesease but I hurt for her none the less. It is one of those scrapes that will hurt every time your knee bends a little and when the bath water hits it and when your pants rub against it. It will take a while to heal and have a scab for a long time.

Why am I blogging about a scraped knee? Well, I kinda felt like God said to me, "How do you think I feel when your sin scrapes your knee? How do you think it affects Me when I try to warn you of the danger of the direction you are going, the speed which you are moving at and the surface you are treading on, but you are not listening because 'it is just a little harmless fun'? How do you think I feel when I have to pick you up and bandage your boo boo because you did not trust My objections? How do you think My heart hurts when I see my precious daughter in pain, minor as it may be?"

OUCH!!

Today I experienced the Love of Christ, though it is so great I will never fully understand it (Eph 3:19). Thas what Im talkin bout baby.

No comments: