So here it is. 2008 experienced by daphne in one neat little blog post:
- I had major surgery with even more major recovery needed including a botched boob job.
- both my love and I were able to check off a goal we set last January. I will have read through the bible in a year and he finally got our credit cards under control and we NO LONGER USE THEM!
- I blogged and shared my Testimony with a Moms bible study at my church and did not even get asked to leave. ; )
- I discovered SCL, Twitter, & Facebook. Love all but Twitter!
- Got a fab new Tat that was even in a contest that I did not win but I feel like I made the finals.
- My family and I dressed as pirates and went to a Pirate Festival for Mother's Day
- I followed the rise and fall of Todd Bently
- I discovered archery and love it! My goal for 09 is to shoot a squirrel!
- I decided cussing was fine then my pastor preached strongly against it and now I cuss almost as bad as when I was in the army. Not sure what that is about.
- Wii Fit kicked my ass but then I started mastering it before the power went out for over a week and wiped the memory clean and I was too lazy to start again from the beginning.
- I listened to The Last Lecture. This was his last year to give it before he died.
- I celebrated the 10 year mark since my first daughter was born and died.
- Our family attended a real and true family reunion and I learned about my family roots and history
- My love and I learned about a kid in foster care named Leondre.
- I attempted to up my efforts to go green.
- With my girls almost 5, almost 7 and 9, we have had more talks about the birds and the bees and also race.
- We fostered Yorkie puppies and it was hell but so fun. Like it to having a newborn but on a much lesser scale.
- Gustav hit us HARD.
- I splurged on a pair of high heeled Crocs and I Love Them!
- Despite my aversion to Christian trends, I read The Shack and got hit below the belt with it.
- My oldest discovered arm pit hair.
- And finally it snowed in the deep dirty south!
Being in such a dark, cold winter season of my life right now, the snow covering the ground in Southern Louisiana was quite symbolic. I called a friend that is in her own blizzard and can handle my foul language and told her I was pretty sure we had brought down the wrath of God because the tree that the hurricane uprooted in my front yard was covered in snow.
After confirming I had not in fact missed the Rapture, I realized while things seem impossibly bad for me, this too shall pass. I may show my ass a lot on the journey and through the process but I will come out of this and I look forward to 2009. Thats what Im talkin bout, baby!!